GO!

Letting go of Reactivity...

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:58pm PST 
Having to manage Turner for so long for dog reactivity has finally caught up to me! I took Grunt for his first CGC class. I could not get him to walk on a loose lead for nothing. The trainer, who knew my history, said. You've had a reactive dog. You managed him well. Grunt is not reactive. Look at him! Watch Grunt and not around or ahead. thinking She had a valid point. I'm so busy looking ahead that I never look at Grunt. naughty Sometimes it takes an outsider to "check" you. Sometimes it just hard to let go of the past. But somehow the future looks just a bit brighter now... flowers
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 4:58am PST 
Awww, Grunt. Hugs. You two will make a great team. Sometimes we get the dog we need and sometimes we get the dog we deserve. Turner taught you so much, now relax and enjoy having a non project dog.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 6:45am PST 
Grunt is so handsome, how could you not look at him?cloud 9
[notify]

Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:08am PST 
hug Turner taught you an awful lot and now it's Grunts turn. cloud 9
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:59am PST 
It can be hard NOT to worry after having a reactive dog, so I'm glad your trainer was able to point out to you that you can relax! Grunt looks really adorable!blue dog
[notify]
Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:48pm PST 
Thanks everyone. flowers
[notify]
Lexus

shy girl

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:41pm PST 
you are one gorgeous pup Grunt!!! Enjoy your walks!
[notify]