GO!

Ceaser or Victoria?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 67)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 5:45pm PST 
Oh dang....thanks for the memory jag! Forgot about that one! laugh out loud
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 10:47am PST 
Patricia McConnell's Animal Planet show was with her ex-husband who played her straight man. People would send in video's of their pet behavior. Most times it was problem behaviors, sometimes just adorable but unusual behaviors. I remember a Golden who would steal napkins from the laps of guests when they had dinner parties. That is one of the things I love about Patricia, she in the end is about the joy and happiness in having pets. Until about a year ago she had a NPR program called "Calling All Pets." You can still listen to those programs. She also spoke to authors of books about animal behavior. I would play them at my self-service dog wash on Sundays and my employees would always joke that anytime someone would call in with a problem she would say "Ah Yes, that reminds me of......" no matter how bizarre the problem was.
[notify]
G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 11:10am PST 
"I'm a fan of Eisenmann and Ian Dunbar"

Yup, I am also. I also like Micheal Ellis for some things....in fact I like most trainers for some things. There is something to be learned from each of them, even if only that their style not what you want to do with your dog.
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 2:15pm PST 
I want to know why it always has to be this or that. Why can't I have a piece of everything? You can have mayo or mustard on your sandwich but not both?
I'm greedy, I want it all!
When I am working with my dogs I use what works. Sabi does best with Eisenmann, Buddy is a Koehler dream, Shadow needs a handler who can coax, push or wait as needed and Mori has more fun clicker training then should be allowedlaugh out loud
Why can't we all just get along?shrug

Edited by author Mon Jan 21, '13 2:16pm PST

[notify]
G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 4:15pm PST 
Sabi, exactly. applause
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 5:52pm PST 
applauseapplause Sabi
I think this thread has evolved far from the initial point, but yes; each dog is an individual and so are their trainers/raisers.
What works for some may not work for all. And a combination of columns A, B, and C may just be the key for a well behaved dog "X"

As far as the thread goes, both are entertainers and really shouldn't be regarded as much more without the aid of a qualified trainer/behaviourist.
Which show is more entertaining is subjective to the person watching it. Personally, I do not have any form of television beyond Netflix so I have relatively little opinion of either. However, I can say that when I was heavily involved in rescue, it drove me up the wall reading "I watch Dog Whisperer LOL" under the What experience do you have with owning dogs question.
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 4:33pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 67)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7