GO!

Cats for Seperation Anxiety ??

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:13pm PST 
Hello!

So i met someone today who has a Weimaraner who suffered from crazy separation anxiety until she adopted a kitten. The kitten is now a cat but she says just by adding the cat her dog calmed down immensely.

is that a typical thing?

I'm curious since with Jake i just used a thundershirt and training though he's still working on acting good in public when i'm "out of view".

Any ideas or theories?
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:24pm PST 
I would think that any sort of "companion" would have the same effect. Whether it be cat, dog, pig etc.

Something to let the dog know that s/he's not alone
[notify]