GO!

Panting, drinking excessively & weeing in the home

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 12:51am PST 
My 3 year old Tibetan Spaniel,Maltese/Lhaso Apso has begun panting, drinking large amounts of water and now we have discovered he has weed in the laundry for the past 4 mornings.

I am quite concerned as Baxter hasn't done this since he was 2 months old. Any advice anyone could offer, would be appreciated. I will be taking him to the vet as soon as I can next week.

thanks
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 1:19am PST 
Ask your vet to check her kidneys and her heart.
[notify]
Dora

A-Dora-ble!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 3:51am PST 
Yeah, check the kidneys and the heart. I'd go for a full blood panel if you can.
[notify]

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 9:24am PST 
Vet...

The panting would suggest discomfort. There are any number of ways this could go. UTI (or bladder stones)? Maybe. Diabetes? Maybe. and on and on...

see the vet and let us know how it went.
[notify]