GO!

Scent Rolling on weird things

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Wilbur

Can I bite your- toes?

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 1:38pm PST 
I thought this might be a fun (and maybe a little gross) topic!

I know some dogs rolling things and some don't.

Most of the time it is nasty stuff like a dead animal, fish or poop or some kind.

But do any of you have dogs that roll in other weird things, like cologne or food?
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 1:53pm PST 
I wish mine would roll in stuff that smelled nice like cologne! laugh out loud The only kind of weird thing my dogs roll on is the futon that we have. I don't know why but they love to roll around on it. shrug

Edited by author Sat Dec 29, '12 1:57pm PST

[notify]
Wilbur

Can I bite your- toes?

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 1:55pm PST 
Lily big laugh I know, right?!
[notify]

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 1:58pm PST 
Seriously, they always seem to only roll in the yuckiest or stinkiest stuff they can find! laugh out loud
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 2:29pm PST 
Whoops, I wasn't implying that our futon was stinky or anything, lol. I clean it and the throw blanket we keep on it regularly because the dogs love rolling on it. I use unscented detergent so I don't think they are rolling in any new super awesome scents. I think that they think it's just super fun to roll around on the futon. blue dog

Edited by author Sat Dec 29, '12 2:32pm PST

[notify]
Bryce

blues- are- cool

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 5:31pm PST 
bryce likes orange glow. when I dust mop the floor, he rolls, when I dust the tables, he tries to stand right under me so he gets hit with over spray

a shelie I had a long time ago named roscoe would rub all over SIL she wore the stinkiest perfumes
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 6:00pm PST 
Not really... but I do think it's funny that if I spray Ava with any nice smelling thing I can almost guarantee that next time we go outside she will find something to roll in to get the "stench" off! laugh out loud Clearly she does not share my appreciation for pina colada or strawberry cream doggy cologne!
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 7:01pm PST 
Weird things or gross things? laugh out loud On our first trip to Bodega Bay, Dahlia "almost" got to roll on a dead sea lion! Luckily, I was able to pull her back before she annointed herself.

On one walk, she paused by a hedge; then did a tuck & roll into something. It was brown, liquid poop! eek She got dragged home by a gagging human, who hosed her off in the back yard, and then threw her sorry butt into the tub. She hated baths, but I gave her NO sympathy that day.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 7:43pm PST 
If we're talking gross things as well, the worst Nix has ever rolled in when he was a puppy was something... uh... bloody. I was never able to find the thing he rolled in, but his neck and shoulders were covered in blood! It was the worst, stinkiest, grossest thing ever! And we were pretty far out in the woods... so by the time we got back to the trailhead the gore was dry, and the smell had soaked in to his fur. I couldn't stand to drive home like that, so I took him to the park restroom and washed him as best I could in the sink, with hand soap! silenced When we got home he got a real bath, SCRUBBED and SCRUBBED with nice smelling dog shampoo. wink
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 7:47pm PST 
The nastiest thing is the bathroom rug-son and hubby have questionable aim at night so there's always one rug up there that isn't so fresh. When I get in the tub I push it out of sight but then Sophie comes in to keep me company. She doesn't want to lay on the clean, happy smelling rug...she'll pull the stinky one out with her paws and plop down in the middle of it...even when I threaten to pull her in the tub with me.
There are perfumes that attract cats and dogs, musky, spicy-Ciara, Shalimar, etcetc if it's on a robe or jacket the critters will try to drag it away, nevermind the tongue baths if I'm wearing it
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3