GO!

Repairing Kong Toys???

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 1:15pm PST 
Just brainstorming if there's anything stronger than cotton thread to mend Kong toys. I thought of like fishing line...but if they swallow some, the cotton thread probably digests pretty easy compared to other stuff.
The toys are Kong ballistics made with kevlar. They're sturdy but some of the seams have ripped. At $20 a toy I'd like them to get a bit more use out of them...any ideas to make the seams a bit stronger safely?

Oy, I know anybody reading this who has cute little playful doggies is probably gasping, yes my babies can chew through bullet proof fabric for fun, I've read they can also do sheet metal...just pleased they're on our sidelaugh out loud
[notify]
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 2:20pm PST 
Cotton thread probably wouldn't last long on these types of toys. I'm not even sure a polyester thread woukd work well. You can buy kevlar thread or sail repair thread that would be strong enough to hold this type of material. You will also need a large needle and thimble.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 2:30pm PST 
How about waxed linen, like one uses on leather? a leather needle or easy stitcher would work well and linen is a plant product if swallowed.
[notify]

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 5:48pm PST 
Next question- where would I find any of the above??? I'll research online Thanks for the ideaslittle angel
[notify]