GO!

S hook or Ring?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 8:12pm PST 
Which do you guys prefer for tags, the S hook or ring? Our dogs have always had a ring for their tags. At work the tag is held on by a
S hook and the puppy raisers are required to keep the tag on the
S Hook as well. I think it would be a pain in the butt because we switch collars alot. What do you guys prefer?
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 9:19pm PST 
I'm fickle about tags and change them and collars a lot . . ..I think the rings are the easiest to deal with, no tools required . . .. if you have to open and close the s-hooks too many times, you are weakening the metal. Plus you can fit umpteen tags on a ring if you need to--maybe not an issue with ids for puppies

But we have a city license, rabies tag, microchip id tag, dog park license and ID . ..
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 10:41pm PST 
I definitely prefer the ring. But my dog also has multiple tags like Gus. Rabies, City License, Microchip, Name/phone, and I plan to get him a tag soon stating that he's epileptic and not to feed as certain foods can set off his seizures. In the instance he ever gets lost of course.

The S hooks are a pain because they do weaken over time.
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 2:13am PST 
I'm a ring person. I think the tag looks nicer on it.
[notify]