GO!

At what point would YOU draw the line??

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tyson Savage- CGC

Let's do big dog- stuff!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 7:33am PST 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS DOGSTER!! How are you all BEHAVING this lovely season?

I have a bit of a brag...I finally got Sas to walk on the leash WHILE wearing a coat!! Yeah I know, it's a little thing, but it's been a five-year adventure with her and any progress is AWESOME! This recent accomplishment allows her to partake in walks more often now!
happy dance

Tyson is well. We really fell out of habit with routine and training and exercising and I can tell that's frustrating for him and bringing out some poor behaviors, but it's been a rough year and it's nothing I can't fix when I have the time. My biggest problem is that OTHER PEOPLE (friends, family, strangers...) allow him to exercise his poor manners and don't reprimand him, so company thinks all I ever do is yell at my dog. Oh well. For the most part he is still an incredibly good boy, and our new cat has finally decided that he is a friend and the two of them cuddle and play often!

....Oh, the title of this post? At what point would YOU draw the line with what is TOO MANY X-MAS GIFTS FOR YOUR DOG!! BOL happy holidays Dogster wink

Edited by author Thu Dec 20, '12 11:04am PST

Approved by forums moderator
Sassafras

My head is- broken, not my- heart!!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 7:36am PST 
Yay me!
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 9:32am PST 
Even the seemingly 'little' successes deserve celebration. Way to go! cheer

As for the gift buying... There's a line??? laugh out loud The dogs were actually the ones to have the first presents under the tree!
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 9:45am PST 
I haven't gone crazy because Jewel's not big on treats or toys but I get the feeling my parents have bought her something crazy.
[notify]
Smokey

Let's play tug!!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 1:16pm PST 
This is my first year as a full blown dog owner (though I helped raise ex's dog and had fosters) and almost my whole list is dog stuff. I said "sorry everyone. I knew you'd want to buy stuff for me, and I really tried, but almost everything I really want is for the dog" big grin when he's happy, I'm happy!
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 1:24pm PST 
Santa is giving mom a tracking book...so we are going to have fun next year!

We never get enough presents and love to try and open everyone else's. Unfortunately with 3 other dogs joining us our toys will be put away until after. But we get tons of extra walks with the little 2 legged ones.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 7:45pm PST 
Yay for Tyson and Sas!

I got JT a yellow ball yesterday, but gave it to him right away. You know, in case the Mayans were right. wink

After xmas I will buy him a nice new rogz martingale in the sales. And a deshedding brush. Oh, and a new lead. My aunt has bought him a coat and god knows what else, my mum will have a stocking for him, so I think he will pretty spoiled this year.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 1:36pm PST 
I have a box sitting in my room full of treats and chews and a toy each. Usually i get them more but this year i haven't gone quite as crazy because they've got everything already laugh out loud

Have ordered a Nina Ottosson toy for Ty's birthday on the 1st too. It's called a dog dizzy and i'm hoping he likes it. He doesn't really enjoy the other interactive games but this one is more of a treat dispensing ball and he's never had anything like that before.
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 3:45pm PST 
I'm not sure I do draw the line. Risa has a 20 gallon tote full of toys. It's hard to close it. And there are probably 20 toys that are not in that box right now. . .

Still, every year Santa Paws gets her a new toy. And I get her something practical. This year, she got an agility jump from me. I usually give her the gift from me on Christmas Eve but she got it early this year so we could practice jumps before her upcoming rally trial.

She also gets presents from friends, my parents, my brother, and my grandma. She's one spoiled pup! smile
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 6:30pm PST 
Well Kashmir got presents from me, the bf and my dad (her grandpa)!!! She is spoiled!! laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2