GO!

Dogs new to horses . . .. what are the common reactions?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 17 of 19: Viewing entries 161 to 170)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:00pm PST 
Probably not. Like he really cares a pile of beans about Charlie...all the attention is what he is basking in...and I would not be a bit surprised if he purposely did not sign on time so he can act all outraged and demand restitution, etc when they go through with the euthanasia. Hasn't he been collecting donations this whole time as well? naughty

ETA: This whole deal is confusing, apparently he signed late, but they are still accepting the deal and Charlie will be sent to a rescue...?

Edited by author Fri Jan 11, '13 8:06pm PST

[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:42pm PST 
This is from the Lexus Project, who have been involved with the case for quite some time. Of course, until they became persona non grata with David, for being "part of the conspiracy". big laugh

"It's over. David signed and Charlie will never go back to David.

****BREAKING**** The city attorney received David Guzzarellis signature at 6:30P and will accept it! Charlie will not be out down!

Statement from Guzzarelli's lawyer:

Good Evening Tim,

Correct. A settlement has been signed by the City and County of San Francisco, Animal Care & Control, Officer Denny of the Vicious and Dangerous Dog Unit of the San Francisco Police Department, and by David Gizzarelli, former Guardian of Charlie. The signed settlement was signed by David just before 5 p.m. today; after I returned to the office I arranged to have the fully signed document scanned, and then sent in PDF format by e mail to the Federal Magistrate Judge Nathanael Cousins, with copiesby e mail to Deputy City Attorney Brad Russi, Deputy City Attorney Margaret Baumgartner and City Attorney Legal Assistant Sophia Garcia."
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 4:04am PST 
found this

Gizzarelli has relinquished ownership of Charlie to San Francisco Animal Care and Control, which agrees to not proceed with the euthanization order of Charlie.
San Francisco Animal Care and Control will place Charlie with a qualified third-party rehabilitation center or sanctuary, which will retain full authority to determine a course of humane treatment for Charlie.
Gizzarelli will be provided quarterly updates as to Charlie's health and happiness, but will not contact Charlie's future guardians directly or indirectly.
Gizzarelli will dismiss his litigation against the City, and both Gizzarelli and the City agree to mutual releases from civil liability.
The U.S. District Court will retain jurisdiction for the limited purpose of apportioning costs between the parties, which will be subject to Gizzarelli's ability to pay, and based on disclosures of his online and other fundraising to fund his case. A hearing for that purpose will be held before Magistrate Judge Nat Cousins on April 12, 2013.

here

doesnt look like he gets to keep the money he has collected either.
I hope charlie hasnt gone cage crazy.
[notify]

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 8:13am PST 
I hope they get right on that paypal account--I guess even if he tries to empty it, he can't hide paypal's records ... let's see with over a hundred thousand petitioners and 9200 likes on his page, if they all donated $1, he could have made a hundred grand . ... apparently one poor little kid asked his mom to donate all his savings for Charlie . ... the man is shameless. naughty

What's still dumbfounding is how many of his "loyalists" saw absolutely nothing wrong with how he failed to manage his dog . . .. . eek
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 9:11pm PST 
I always wondered how horses and dogs go together. at first glance seem to be afraid of each other. but if you look through the history of each horse had a dog. as a female dog lover and can not connect those facts.

They say dog is man’s best friend, but I’m not sure the dog agrees. In fact it looks to me like dogs have a big soft spot for horses. Can you blame them?
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 2:18pm PST 
So there have been lots of doggie posts me included so what kind of dogs do you have? Do they go trail riding? How old are they? And what breed?
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 9:11am PST 
Now there is yet another "article" bringing this up again, about the poor innocent owner and the evil cop on his evil horse. Ugh.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:46pm PST 
Gets worse. Someone just noted Officer Evans is black and is a racist. Dear word, I don't know how much more in the dregs these imbeciles can sink.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:53pm PST 
I just about lost it when i read that comment.shock
I must say, I did lose it on one commenter who was one of The HSC trolls. It felt good to be able to post on a site & not worry about it being removed.
As a side note..Ego man now has new t-shirts for sale.."I Saved Charlie". Oh and he is still asking for money..telling people to send it through friends or family.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:59pm PST 
He is such a loser. With a band of idiots. I for a while was feeling sorry for them....dim but well intentioned....but I am just out of patience. And it truly disturbs me that as info has come in re his ownership history that they have not budged. This is a really crappy dog owner. Even if you have low standards, he just stinks.

Fools and their money are soon separated. Tell me he is not phoning Hollywood to do "The Charlie Story." wink

I was right on his FB page when the news of a deal came out. THAT was entertaining. Not sure of the delay for him to get back and answer questions, but for a good hour he wasn't there to censor his FB, and WOW! What a difference. And of course he cleaned those out before answering questions from his loyal yet dim supporters.
[notify]
  (Page 17 of 19: Viewing entries 161 to 170)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19