GO!

Dogs new to horses . . .. what are the common reactions?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 11 of 19: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 5:01pm PST 
@ Dilly....absolutely! Totally appreciated your sense of humor.

I am not sure who said they were going to ignore this article and not give it steam. I was of like mindset, but then I got bored and peeked wink I can't fathom how much they are disassociating from simple facts. Or that the cop had "no right" to be there....keep saying "dog park" when there WAS no dog park?! naughty What are they saying....police horses can go nowhere Pit Bulls are because owners can't control them or thereby be responsible for their actions? Oh yeah, I am sure that helps the anti BSL campaigns a TON! laugh out loud
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 8:34pm PST 
I did...and I was gonna ignore the other biggie too (ie, you are a horrible monster if you force your dog to live outdoors, etc)...but it is kinda interesting reading the comments. Eventually I stopped being mad and just starting laughing at them...because it has gotten to the point where I can not take anything they say seriously. At one point when someone was comparing leaving your dog outside to leaving your children outside and said something along the lines of 'they shouldn't be outside unless for weeing or pooing'...I couldn't help myself and left a "shocked" reply about how horrid it was that they made their dogs go potty outside...would they ever make their children do that?! heehee...sorry, didn't mean to go OT there, but the one-sided articles are a bit much. smile

I just might go take one peek at the Charlie article now, just for kicks.big grin
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 9:03pm PST 
yech...now I want to do some real kicking...didn't post any comments because it's not like they're going to listen to any common sense...but I gave you guys some likes, not like that it will do much to change their minds, ah well. shrug
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 11:20pm PST 
Ok. drum roll................

my award for the most stupid, ignorant statement on that whole response thread, targeted at Gus, is -

"Im sorry "high drive dog" ??? Is that a new term... something you just made up? There was no attack even."

I mean.....WOW. I am not sure whether to give the award directly to the "something you just made up" or "there was no attack even."

Edited by moderator Tue Jan 1, '13 4:57am PST

Edited by forums moderator
Charlie- Brown Cocoa- Puffs

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 11:34pm PST 
ok so dogs are naturally predatory animals. horses are naturally prey animals. the cop is a naturally moronic animal. i've been following charlies story for awhile. first off the horse was not fully trained. he was training. secondly the cop goes into an off leash dog park with a untrained horse. once a police horse is trained. it wont run if threatened. they will lower their head and back whatever threat is there up. personally i don't think the dog ever bit the horse. i think the dog was intimidated at first, went into a protection mode and then when the horse bolted the dog chased him. just like a dog will do with a cat. personally i believe the cuts were gotten along the way on the 1.5 mile run. look at the pics. the cuts are straight. horses (like cats) are usually better at training dogs then humans are. they know how to react to them. this horse got spooked and unfortunately got hurt(he is fine now). the bad thing is the abuse the dog is suffering now while waiting to be killed for being a dog.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 11:35pm PST 
eek

thinking

shrug

meditate

silenced

hamster dance
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 11:56pm PST 
Huh, the dog didn't even bite the horse...you can prove that because they are 'straight' cuts?? Guess I shouldn't post pics of the 'straight' cut my dog had to have seven stitches for after he was attacked by my neighbor's dog...you would probably say that is fake too...and it was MY dog's fault even though he was grabbed from behind by an aggressive dog. Yeah, it is never the fault of the animal that attacks, there is never anything wrong with them...it HAS to be the fault of whatever/whoever it attacked. Really?naughty

Edited by author Thu Dec 27, '12 12:02am PST

[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 1:09am PST 
Tiller, thanks! I take a bow for making "that" up. party

And Charlie brown cp . . ..

at first I thought sarcasm, but . . ... .

perhaps Natasha said it best . ...

eek thinking shrug meditate silenced hamster dance
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 3:03am PST 
migrain just won
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 4:41am PST 
Holy smokes, CP, I forgot my rose tinted glasses!
[notify]
  (Page 11 of 19: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19