GO!

Why does she do that?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 2:10pm PST 
Ever since we got Sparkles, she's been very clingy. She was very fearful of anything new (still is but not as bad). If we'd go for walks she would almost trip us because she would walk with her head against our legs. She doesn't do that anymore but she won't walk too far ahead and constantly stops and looks to make sure I'm still there. Lately, I've noticed that she just walks up to me in the house and touches her nose or snout to my leg. It's just like a little nudge but when I look down, she's not always looking for attention. She just does it. Sometimes she'll be sitting next to me for a while then do it and walk away. Is this just some goofy habit or just a "hey, I'm here, I love you, ok, I'm leaving". Anyone else ever have a dog that did this?
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 5:05pm PST 
Some dogs are velcro dogs. They bond to one person and won't let hem out of their sight. Jax used to do those sort of things on walks and Kali still does. I just view as their keeping an eye on their people. Although, Kali sometimes pokes me when she's nervous about something. smile
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 4:05am PST 
Lol, she's definitely my Velcro girl smile I just never had a dog that was clingy like her lol. If I go to leave, she knows it before I put on my coat and runs to the door, ready to go with me (even though she'll just lay down and nap on the seat). If I'm on the couch, she's either there next to me or at my feet. Even in bed, she sleeps next to me and I usually wake up with her head on my chest or on my pillow.
[notify]

Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 7:27am PST 
Our Dubs is a little bit like that...she is a natural heeler and is almost always walking tightly near my right ankle. She gets bumped in the head sometimes!

She is also a little on the timid side, but becomes defensive when someone or something strange appears...

Since we have several dogs, she gets time to run with her pack and she is comfortable doing that, but I think she would be annoyingly velcro if she were an only pup.

Cute baby you have there!
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 9:34am PST 
Thanks Dublin! your rather cute yourself smile I agree with the annoyingly clingy thing. If Rocky and Dreamy weren't around I can only imagine what she'd be like.
[notify]