GO!

guarding

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 5:52am PST 
Well I'm certainly not disagreeing with you.

But at or around 10 months is not at all uncommon either, and if sudden crazy aggression was popping up in an unaltered female around this time... its something to consider.
[notify]
Sirius

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 1:02pm PST 
Family member. She was planning on breeding them at some point, but this had been an opps litter. Another family member was in the hospital and at some point the male was let out of the basement and got to the female.

But yeah, they were in over their heads. I spent a lot of time helping out, got offered a puppy. I was already attached anyway but I had been wanting a much smaller dog.

my vet seemed concerned she hadn't gone into heat yet as well, but everyone I've talked to said they come into heat later. Her dad is a huge dog, she's already bigger than her mom.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2