GO!

Would your dog Pass the Canine good Citizen test?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
Ace

Hopeless- Optimist.

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 9:30pm PST 
Would your dog Pass the Canine good Citizen test?

What your dog Must be able to do
1. Accept a stranger stopping to chat with you
2. Sit and be petted by a stranger
3.Allow a stranger to handle him or her as a groomer, or veterinarian would.
4. Walk Nicely on a loose lead.
5.Walk calmly through a crowd of people.
6. Sit and down on command, then stay in a sit or down position while you walk away.
7.Come when called
8. Cassually greet another dog
9. React confidently with distractions
10. Accept being left alone with someone other than you and not become overly agitated or nervous.
[notify]
Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 9:37pm PST 
Holly would fail #6 ad #10. She gets anxious when bf or I leave and she doesn't stay. She gets up and kinda wanders around in that area you told her to stay in big laugh
[notify]
Chase (CGC)

I'm A Proud- Wiggle Butt!

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 9:47pm PST 
Yes wink
[notify]

Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 12:32am PST 
Maggie can (and did)...Porter is on his way, he starts his basic manners class tomorrow so that will definitely boost his confidence (which he is seriously lacking)!

The CGC is not really necessary for me, but it is the minimum of what kind of dog I would be able to have in my life permanently (my life is just to busy and active for anything less).
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 3:02am PST 
No, Bunny would fail 5 and 10 which is the reason I never brought him to be tested laugh out loud We are now working on 5 , but I wonder if some Collies and Bc's and mixes thereof are ever capable of passing 10?thinking

Edited by author Thu Aug 13, '09 3:03am PST

[notify]
Goodman

Be Cool

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 4:30am PST 
No frown

Goodman is afraid of unfamiliar men and can be easily startled by sudden noises.
We are working on it, but I don't see him accepting petting from a stranger any time soon (he just goes to hide behind me), so he will fail #2 and #9.

Edited by author Thu Aug 13, '09 4:32am PST

[notify]
Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 5:36am PST 
Teddy would pass everything with flying colors EXCEPT for #10. We are working on this, but he gets really agitated if he is not with me...
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 5:54am PST 
We passed the CGC at 7 mos with flying colors... However, then puberty happened and I was really busy at work and now the loose leash walking is a thing of the past frown We're relearning it though!!!
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 6:07am PST 
Addy has passed the CGC. The only part that was (and still is) a bit of a challenge for her is 8, calmly greeting another dog. When you take the test, you can fail one part and redo that part at the end of the test, and that's what we had to do. (If you fail two parts, you've failed the test.) We had to redo number 8, but she did great on it the second time.

If we had to retest, I suspect it would be the same, though we are making progress, so maybe not.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 6:11am PST 
Kashmir could and did
Zoe could and did
Apollo couldnt because nobody wanted to hold him for when i had to leave
Tilly is taking the test september
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11