GO!

How do you feel about dogs chasing laser pointers?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4  
Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 11:37am PST 
I tried to teach my collie to think a laser pointer is a target (like touch pad or a target stick). It could be useful in remote control tricks. She is not interested in chasing it. And I have avoided to move it like a prey animal.

But my parents' lagotto... She goes nuts when she sees the red dot. She'll chase it anywhere. My dad has played with it. I felt like party-pooper when I told him that Idon't like that. I didn't know about the obsession risks but I was worried about the dog getting wrong impressions how to behave indoors (at least I do not like that dogs are too active indoors, playtime is outdoors) and she ran so fast I feared she could be hurt if she slips and crashes into furniture or irritates another dog.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4