GO!

What's it like to live with a Beauceron?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 12:41pm PST 
I know we have a few Beauceron owners around here so I though I'd ask. I'd like to know what it is like living with a Beauceron, how they are to live with, train, what they are like as puppies, how do they act in different situations, taking different places etc, and anything else relevant to owning one.

I'm considering one possibly as my next dog (or if not, maybe for the future) but I am not able to meet many in person so I'm trying to get a better feel for the breed... I've already been researching them but there's only so much you can get from reading articles and that type of thing.

Also if anyone else knows of other good places for info that would be helpful too! I've already looked at the breed club websites and that type of thing. I was thinking of contacting a breeder too (Chateau Rocher) but not sure if I should wait until I have done more research first.

Edited by author Sat Mar 2, '13 12:43pm PST

[notify]
UKC Ch- Endless- Waltz de- Nanrox

<(-How do you- Dew?-)>

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 6:38am PST 
Yeah, unfortunately for all the Beauceron owners who signed up for Dogster, most of them aren't active. Don't think there's anything new I can tell you in the last couple months, I could put you in contact with Fleetwood on Facebook if you want to PM me? I don't know if you've talked with his owner yet, and they may be closer to you?

EDIT: Just sent out a request to the community asking if anyone knows of any Beauceron entries at shows in your surrounding area, I'll let you know if anyone responds with any shows/dates where you might be able to meet up wink .

Edited by author Fri Mar 8, '13 6:49am PST

[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 6:42pm PST 
Thanks! I was hoping to meet some at the IKC show (big benched AKC conformation show here in Chicago) a few weeks ago, since it's such a big show, but I was disappointed to find that there were none entered.
[notify]