GO!

Finding a Breeder?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Squirtle May

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 3:49pm PST 
I became interested in Beauceron's after seeing a couple at an AKC show I attended, a few years back. Since then I have done a lot of research, online, and in books. I have tried contacting breeders in the U.S., but all the ones I found are either no longer breeding, or I received no reply.

In a year or two, we will be settled into our new home, and I will be wanting to bring a new dog into our family. A Beauceron sounds like a great match, the only problem is, I cannot find a breeding in the U.S. This isn't too much of a problem, as I'm prepared to drive to a breeder in Canada, but I would much prefer staying in the country, and going with a breeder whose dogs are already registered with the AKC, as I'm interested in doing confirmation, agility, and herding with this dog.

If anybody could offer suggestions, or help me locate a breeder so I can start setting things in motion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for looking,

Brittany
[notify]
Squirtle May

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 8:22pm PST 
Anyone? I live in Illinois, but honestly I'm willing to go anywhere in the country.
[notify]
UKC Ch- Endless- Waltz de- Nanrox

<(-How do you- Dew?-)>

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '12 8:50am PST 
Have you tried Karla Davis in CA (Chateau Rocher)? Might be a ways for you, but she's very receptive to new owner inquiries, actually she went out of her way to contact me when I was first looking, but I couldn't do it as I too wanted to meet my breeder and puppy in person, and I'm all the way on the other coast. My girls breeder has taken a break from breeding recently, still growing out her two young bitches, and that's one of the problems you do run into with "rare breeds", the big breeders are so far off and scattered around, and their puppy buyers usually only have a couple dogs who they may only breed once or twice sporadically.

Edited by author Thu Nov 22, '12 8:51am PST

[notify]

Squirtle May

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 12:39pm PST 
Thank you very much. I have just e-mailed her, since I saw on her kennel site that she has an adult available. Perhaps soon I can be among those of you who have already found your companions in this breed!
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:43am PST 
I've also been trying to research breeders, but the ones I contacted never replied to me... I would love to find a breeder that I could visit, preferably one with harlequins but I can't seem to find any in the Midwest (or around mid/lower New England could work too as I go there usually about twice a year).
[notify]