GO!

Lola - Long haired beagle

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lola

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 11:46am PST 
Hi, I'm Lola the beagle. The strange thing is that I have longer hair than most other beagles. Has anyone else seen this before? My parents thought I was mixed and did one of those doggie DNA tests, but results say I'm only beagle! It doesn't really matter, because they love me and I love them!
[notify]
Punkin

Calm down yeah- right!!!

Barked: Wed Apr 6, '11 6:44am PST 
Beagles can have logish hair its a very rare occerance but it happens most people do relize that beagles have two coats as well as do most hound breeds they need warmth for those early morning hunts lol. but i bed lola is adarable with that longer coat
[notify]
Ruby

Spaz-O

Barked: Wed Apr 6, '11 7:27pm PST 
A long time ago beagles were being bred to have longer or wirey hair, people claimed they were better hunters. Also the breed goes so far back that their history is untrackable, so who knows what they looked like 700 years ago!
[notify]

Punkin

Calm down yeah- right!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 7, '11 8:28am PST 
true that they dont even know when the breed first appeared or who used it first hell the name is even lost to were it came from
[notify]
Lola

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 5:08am PST 
Yes - Lola is adorable, and people say she looks like a stuffed animal. The main reason we got a beagle was to avoid the shedding!!! Oh well, we put up with it because Lola is such a sweetie!
[notify]
Lucy

Born to be cute

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 4:04am PST 
Beagles are know to shed a lot! I have two and have decided to no longer wear black clothing. I was a slave of the broom and the vacuum until I decided to purchase a Roomba vacuum.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 3:40am PST 
Lola is super cute!! congrats, & I hope all is well w/u and your new puppysmile I came online because my neighbors just had to put down their very old and sick beagle. He had long hair & they were looking to get another beagle- possibly w/long hair. I thought he must've been a mix & they never knew, but appaarently not!
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 7:27am PST 
As I have heared on dogster before No outfit is complete without a little dog hair!laugh out loud
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 9:38pm PST 
Lola, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those DNA kits aren't really reliable. Also, from your pics, you look like you've got a bit of spaniel in the wood pile. I've seen a few Beagles over the years with slightly longer than normal hair, but they didn't have that spaniel cross look and were DNA'd (to prove parentage).
[notify]
Sprite

Center of- attention 24/7!

Barked: Sat Mar 10, '12 6:51pm PST 
I agree with Scooter - DNA tests, such as the one you used, are not very accurate. It seems likely that Lola is a Beagle cross. So cute!
[notify]