GO!

Sleeping

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bella

Treats?!?

Barked: Sat Dec 25, '10 5:03pm PST 
Does anyone have to deal with a Beagle that likes to sleep under the covers of a bed. Bella has been doing this for i think since I got her. So I bought a dog bed and put it on my bed where the dog like to sneak under, well I fell asleep with the dog in her bed only to wake up and have the dog bed on the floor and her under the covers. Oh and for some reason he tries to like my feet, why I have no idea. Anybody else have a dog or beagle do this?

Ray
[notify]
Avery

Calm Submissive- is the way to- go!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 28, '10 6:14am PST 
Avery does not like sleeping under the covers at all.
At night, I prefer her to sleep with her head on the pillow, so I won't kick her in my unconsious state.

When we go to bed, she is sleeping with her head on the pillow and I'll cover her up when it is cold to share our body warmth. About 15 minutes after lights out, she gets up, goes to the foot of the bed and sleeps on top of the blanket. About an hour before I get up, she will get up and move to the pillow.

All Beagles are stubborn and will do anything to make themselves comfortable. There is nothing you can do unless you want to stay up all night.

TonyB.
[notify]
Sprite

Center of- attention 24/7!

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 6:43pm PST 
Sprite doesn't sleep under the blankets, although I'm sure he would like to if we let him, BOL. But I've found that most Beagles like to sleep as close to you as possible. So it's not unusual that Bella would want to sleep under the covers with you. As to how to fix it...as Avery said, Beagles will do whatever they want to when it comes to comfort. We have tried time and time again to keep Sprite off the bed...but he still ends up sneaking on the bed when we're sleeping. So I guess all I can suggest is closing your bedroom door, or staying up all night to keep her off the bed. shrug Good luck!
[notify]

Blue Suede- Shoes

Darn dirty- wabbits!

Barked: Tue Feb 22, '11 8:18pm PST 
Blue used to sleep at the foot of my bed(except on top of the covers), until my better half decided it was getting too crowded smile I put Blue's bed on the floor by me with a blanket, a toy and a special bed time snack. After making him get off the bed every night for about a week and go to his, he got the message. The special snack did help the transition though and a some nights I petted him till he fell asleep. A few mornings we'd wake up with him on the bed, but I made him get off each time I caught him up there. Beagles are smart and def. have a mind of their own but if you're consistent and make the dog bed a 'better place' than your bed they should take to it with no trouble at all.
[notify]

Barked: Sun May 13, '12 7:46pm PST 
I was fortunate enough to adopt Billy as a rescue about 3 weeks ago. I say this because at first I wasn't sure. He was marking stuff, humping the bed I bought him, yelping really loud when I left, and having accidents. That lasted for 24 hours. Almost a miracle. He is such a great dog. I had a female Beagle named Macy back in the early 90's and she loved jumping on the bed and getting under the covers. Billy slept on his bed like a good boy for the first few days. When he got more comfy in his new home it was right on the bed and under the covers. Don't know if it's a Beagle thing or a dog thing, although no other dog I had did this. Doesn't bother me, he sleeps through the night and then some!!
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 6, '13 5:46pm PST 
Roxxie is 4 1/2 years old and has slept under the covers and licked my feet ever since I got her. She loves to snuggle under the covers too.
[notify]