GO!

Beagles "HATE" kennels.........

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Avery

Calm Submissive- is the way to- go!!!

Barked: Thu May 24, '12 4:43pm PST 
My Beagle-Mix was in the shelter for 2 years. I decided that as long as she did not destroy anything, I would not put her into a crate. I did not want her to relive her experience in the shelter.

When I looked around for a kennel to board her, one of my requirements was that they don't use crates. I found a great one near the airport where each dog has a room of their own with a glass door. I boarded her a couple of times without any problems.

If the dog behaves itself, there is no need for a crate or kennel.
[notify]
Ruby

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 2:48am PST 
My 5 year old beagle ruby loves her crate, she has the run of the downstairs ( excluding the kitchen when i go out), but at night she sleeps in her crate with the door shut, and we don't hear a peep out of her till we let her out the next morning smile
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 11:55pm PST 
You might try putting her in the crate for only a few minutes at a time on & off when you are home,then reward her with a tiny treat.Make sure she has gone potty & had enough to eat & drink before she goes in the crate.Put special toys or stuffies for use inside the crate only.You might want to have a neighbor let her out midday to run & get some exercise so she does not feel like she is injail being in her crate.Also,some people always have a radio on,You may also try the scent diffuser for anxiety they sell at the pet store.
Sometimes a small dose of Benadryl or generic Diphenhydramine will help the dog calm down-but you should ask your vet & make sure you get the dosage correct.Best wishes.rainbow
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2