GO!

CONSIDERING A BASSETT! I NEED ADAVICE!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Sun Oct 24, '10 7:39am PST 
Okay so me and my family are wanting to getting another dog.. We have always wanted a Bassett. The thing is that we don't have a yard for it to roam in.. We live on a main road, so it would have to be kept inside. We have a medium sized house I'd say. BUT We do walk up to i mile a day. So this question is for all of you Bassett hound owners. Can a Bassett live and thrive well in a household invironment without a big yard as long as they are exercised everyday? Or will this be a nightmare and mistake? We have been doing research on them, and we know they can be quite stubborn and we understand they get big. But our desire to own one is still there.. Can you guys give me some advice, and answer my question about wether or not they can live in a house kindof like apartment living if they are walked.. Thank you!
[notify]