GO!

Food Allergies?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Leroy Jethro- Gibbs

"Gimme that- bone!"

Barked: Tue Mar 9, '10 2:53pm PST 
Gibbs, our basset hound, has a very sensitive stomach and usually does not react well to just any type of dog food. Currently we have him on a Probiotic called FortiFlora and a dog food made from sweet potatoes and fish. We were wondering if there are any other Basset owners out there that are in a similar situation and what advice you may have?
[notify]
Emma

I'm waiting for- my dog park- trip....

Barked: Sun Apr 11, '10 1:53pm PST 
My Basset has allergies to food- anything with wheat in it makes her itch all day long. My wife found that Nutro Vennison and Brown Rice is what made her all better. Don't know if it'll help your dog, but I recommend it.
[notify]
Quincy

I'm a weasel!

Barked: Sat Apr 17, '10 1:46pm PST 
My basset had a lot of ear infections and skin conditions that the vet felt was probably due to allergies. I switched to Nutri-Source Chicken and rice, cut out all food, including treats, that contained the top 3 allergens, Beef, Wheat/Gluten, and Corn. Ever since the diet switch, not a single ear infection! I am careful about what I feed and what I treat with and have been so pleased for great looking ears!
[notify]