GO!

Families with bassets & other breeds?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lola

I love you! I- love you! I love- you!

Barked: Wed Aug 5, '09 2:38pm PST 
I was just wondering how many of you have bassets in your house, along with other breeds?

Lola is our newest addition (and of course, a basset) and she's just hilarious interacting with my 18 month old toy poodle, 9 year old herding dog, and 11 year old german shepherd-wolf dog mix.

Popo, the toy poodle, has even started toning down his wild running when he plays with her so she can keep up. Lola loves the other dogs & constantly tries to cuddle, much to the older dogs' dismay.

Any other families with "odd couple" dog packs?
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 6:09am PST 
Your puppy is ADORABLE!!

Buster is the big brother to our 1 year old German Shepherd-Alexander.

Buster is the Alpha Male in the house. Alexander let's him run the show, and Buster rules the roost. Every now and then Alexander will have to put Buster in his place, but for the most part - Alexander (who outweighs Buster by 30lbs) let's Buster do what he must.

I think Buster's a bit of a bully!! shh
[notify]
Hunter

Can I please- give you a hug- and a kiss?

Barked: Wed Sep 9, '09 8:21pm PST 
We've got 4 bassets and two doxie mix pups in our pack! We started with Scout, Precious, and Gracie who are no 4 years old, then we added Hunter who just turned one. And then in May we found Copper and Bailey abadoned in a parking lot. They weighed 3 lbs and were about 10 weeks old. Now they are about 5 months old, and completely boss the bassets aroundlaugh out loud But the hounds are so mellow that they really don't care.
[notify]