GO!

Gluing/taping aussie ears?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 9:04pm PST 
My aussie pup is 12 weeks old and his ears are at full prick!!!! It is awful. He is not ever going to be a show dog but it just really bothers me that he is purebred, yet people still ask if he is mixed. I really want his ears to flop down like button or rose style, and if gluing doesn't harm him at all then why not?

So my questions are: when do I start gluing? Where do I get the glue? And what is the process of gluing?
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 7:11am PST 
That's probably something you can ask your breeder about. Good luck figuring it out. Prick ears, while considered a fault in the breed, can be pretty cute. smile
[notify]
Tika RS-E- JS-E GS-E RA- CL3

Mine?

Barked: Sat Aug 10, '13 7:30pm PST 
Talk with your breeder as gluing can go terribly wrong (a friend of mine did it even with breeder instructions and her dog had a reaction to the glue).

Ears go through all sorts of crazy stages, so what you see now - is not what you are guaranteed to end up with. Tika had some pretty fun ears between 17 & 30 weeks before they chilled out into a highish button as an adult. Her ears were taped when she was with the breeder, but I didn't bother to continue with it as I prefer natural ears.
[notify]