GO!

Grooming

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 6:35pm PST 
I trimmed my Aussies back legs today(the really fluffy stuff) and I got it a little shortfrown has any one ever trimmed that? If so will it grow back!?!
[notify]
Dexter

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 10:12am PST 
My fiancée did the same thing to my Aussie! He said that he had a butt mullet! Yes it was a but fluffy but I didn't think it looked bad. Now his butt fuzz look unproportionally short compared to his other fur. Anyways I like you am hoping it will grow back.
[notify]
Lily

I will use my- cuteness to- persuade you!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 6:27pm PST 
Aussies don't really need haircuts, since they are double coated.

I think that only the tail, and feet are usually trimmed.

Also, if you cut too much hair off or shave, it is possible it wont grow back.
[notify]

Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:28am PST 
It should grow back in an otherwise healthy dog.

For Cohen I'll trim her tail to give it a more neat look, behind her ears to remove errant and easily tangled hair, and sometimes I'll trim around her tuck because I like the look of it. The bigger task is brushing. I do it multiple times a week to keep her mat free, reduce shedding and to increase the gloss of her coat.
[notify]