GO!

heavy breathing Aussie

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 11:52am PST 
I've noticed that for the past few days my Aussie/Border Collie mix (18 months old) is breathing rather irregularly and quite heavily, even when just resting . She is acting normally otherwise - chasing squirrels, eating ok, pooping and peeing ok. She tends to be a panter normally but I've never noticed her breathing before. Not sure if she has always breathed this heavily and quickly (about 60 resp/minute)and I just never noticed. We attributed her panting to the humid weather we had recently but we've kept the air conditioner on 24/7 and the panting has lessened but she still seems to be breathing heavily. And suggestions/ ideas?
[notify]

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 8:33pm PST 
Our 3yo Aussie/Border has always breathed heavily, sometimes even while sleeping. Like yours, she is absolutely normal, energetic, otherwise normal and healthy in every way. Even here in Fort Worth, TX in summer 100 deg + weather, she'll run like crazy chasing our kid's dirt bike or playing. She is so dang smart, I think most of the time she just thinks herself into a hyperactive state and respiratory system just follows! We're not worried about it at all!
[notify]