GO!

does your aussie like water or is the internet right????

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Kilkenny's- Saint Samson

Barked: Tue Jun 23, '09 8:30pm PST 
Samson loathes bathes. He'll jump in the tub on command, but have a very sad look on his face the whole time and not want to move from one stationary spot in the tub.

Moving water = AWESOME to Samson. We filled a cooler with water, and he loves splashing around in it. He'll jump right in any water that's not in the bathtub. He hasn't been keen on actually SWIMMING, however... but maybe he'll learn to love it. Bathes, however, are past the point of even slightly enjoying, no matter how many cookies are involved.
[notify]
Ionia

My bark is worse- than my bite!- Rawwr

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 11:51am PST 
Ionia only half Aussie Shepherd, but figure I might chime in and off our half advice party

She LOVES water.... When the sprinkler is on outside, she'll barrel through the water just to get wet. Meanwhile Toby our pure Siberian, he likes to get some water from the sprinkler, stand around, but not run through it like Ionia does... So it must be the Aussie in her smile

She was soaking wet yesterday, and must've been warm, she laid down right by the sprinkler, and got sprayed every so often, but she loved it.. cooled her off!
[notify]
Teddy

May I take your- socks?

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 2:00pm PST 
Rosco and Teddy hate water. Baths are their least favorite thing in the world. When they hear the word, they start to freak out.

It just depends on the dog.
[notify]

Bowser

squeak em if you- got em

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 7:03pm PST 
bowser likes water, up untill his tail is wet. he goes in the lake but as soon as its up to his tail, he stops.
[notify]
casey sue

wanna play ball?

Barked: Thu Jul 16, '09 8:27am PST 
casey sue will play in wet grass and dont mind getting wet and will lay down in the muddiest puddle she can find but she does not want to go out in the rain. if its raining, she really really has to go out before she will. i think she associates rain with thunder and she is deathly afraid of thunder. she doesnt like baths but will tolerate them.
[notify]
Chino

Where's my Ball?

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 7:49am PST 
I go in the water any chance I get. I dont even fuss when my daddy gives me a bath.
[notify]
Amaya

dont give me- treats! gimma da- the ball!

Barked: Mon Aug 17, '09 10:12am PST 
I didn't like water but my daddy showed me how fun it was and now I cant stay away from the hose when its on happy dance
[notify]
Jameson

Barked: Tue Nov 3, '09 4:40am PST 
Jameson tolerates baths but I wouldnt say he at all likes them. He hates the ocean, but will go in the river and splash around up to his stomach. I wish I could get him to swim!
[notify]
Mojito

If it's there,- I'll eat it.

Barked: Thu Nov 5, '09 1:42pm PST 
Mojito loves the water, he swims in the ocean and goes through creeks when we hike etc. He doesn't appreciate baths but he tolerates them
[notify]
Toby

hike?! hike!- hike! hike!

Barked: Sat Nov 14, '09 8:36pm PST 
Mine loves going to the river during the summer; and it takes a lot of effort and struggle to get him out of the water, and into the car.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3