GO!

does your aussie like water or is the internet right????

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Cody- Alexander

live ur life you- may not be there- tomaro

Barked: Fri Jun 12, '09 6:23pm PST 
I absolutely hate baths though my mommy read online that aussies naturaly dont like water is this true????? but oh well thats why she used this high tech kind of spray its called waterless bath. but i dont like bottles if u havent been reading my forum posts i either really love bottles or really hate them my momy doesnt know if its a love or hate sitiation i always love trieng to destroy bottles especialy when my mommy is trieng to drink our of a plastic bottle i jump in her face to get it but she always laughs so its ok iguess. but do us aussies really not like water you see ive never actualy been given a bath cuz my mommy did the research before she got me and it says that aussies do not like water because of the double coat?????
[notify]
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Fri Jun 12, '09 6:46pm PST 
Um...let me look... *looks at main pic, many of the following pics, and a video* ...yea...she likes water.

She is not to keen on baths, but will reluctantly take them. She has learned that being hosed down after swimming in the salt water is ok as well.

I have met a few Aussies that would not go anywhere near the water...but only a few...most run right in and love to play!
[notify]
Cody- Alexander

Barked: Fri Jun 12, '09 8:25pm PST 
well thats great to know mabey ill give cody a bath and see if he likes it or not... and if he doesnt like that much mabey ill take him down to the lake he may love that i just always heard aussies dislike water very much
[notify]

Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '09 9:27am PST 
Clancy loves the water! Well, not baths, but anything resembling a puddle smile When we go to the dog park, his favorite thing (next to the ball) is running down the hill and jumping in the creek--over and over. Oh, and he likes to go in our puppy puddle -- the kiddie swimming pool-- when it's really hot out!
[notify]
Mia & Dot

the Sisterhood

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '09 9:43pm PST 
Mia likes: Mud, snow. Okay with the beach but not wild about it.
Dot likes: the beach, jumping over waves, mud, puddles, mudpuddles
Neither likes baths.
[notify]
Huck

Frisbee???- Leap!!

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 8:16am PST 
Huck hates the water...he actually would rather jump over puddles rather than get his feet wet.

So for my particular dog the aussies hate water idea is very very correct.
[notify]
ღBailey- ღ

Lil' Miss- Sociable

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 5:22pm PST 
Bailey loves the water, and will get in it any chance she gets. She will even get in it when it is twenty degrees outside with snow on the ground. Now baths are another story, she does not like them at all.
[notify]
Cody- Alexander

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 5:49pm PST 
When cody was younger he would leap over puddles if the grass was wet he would certainly not get in it he would litteraly use the bathroom on the sidewalk that lead to my house i couldnt beleive it i would tri to make him overcome his fear by trien to get him to walk in a puddle but he wouldnt have any of it. but now he at least walks in wet grass but otherwise hates water all together
[notify]
Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 9:32pm PST 
I have actually herd from many aussie enthusiasts that their dogs love the water. Desoto must not have got the memo. He is a perfect gentleman in the bath tub but does not enjoy it at all. He refuses to go in the lake at the conservation area or at the beach, even if I wade in before him and try to lure him in. He thinks the hose is some evil serpent, he will walk around puddles and whine for me to retrieve his ball if it has fallen in one. laugh out loud

He loves the snow oddly enough, but even then won't touch a tennis ball or toy if it has so much as one wet snowflake on it.
[notify]
Chase (CGC)

I'm A Proud- Wiggle Butt!

Barked: Tue Jun 23, '09 7:36am PST 
Chase loves playing in the kiddie pool and with the hose... However, he hates baths. He'll stand there and deal with it, but give me this look like "please kill me now".

I think some dogs like the freedom of being able to play in it as they see fit, not how we do laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3