GO!

Yet another possible Kelpie?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sierra

Running- ridiculously- fast is my- favorite

Barked: Tue Nov 3, '09 1:42pm PST 
I know you guys probably see a lot of this on this thread but I'm wondering if Sierra is actually an Australian Kelpie. We've always thought she was part GSD and part something smaller that would account for her being so petite, but now that I've stumbled across this page and see so many familiar looking faces, I'm starting to think we may have been wrong this whole time. What do you guys think?
[notify]
Wiley

Whatever I am- doing is very- important

Barked: Wed Apr 14, '10 9:30pm PST 
She looks very kelpie-ish to me from her pictures. What is her personality like?

Kelpies are nearly always high energy and busy dogs who are very interested (even obsessed) with movement. They often exhibit a lot of herding type behaviors and show eye (intense unwinking stare) that they may try to control other animals or even people. They often excel at sports like flyball or agility as well as herding (mine does the eye thing on other dogs and cats, but it turns out Wiley is terrified of real sheep though-which may be why I ended up with him).
[notify]