GO!

amstaff crossed with italian greyhound???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Pita

I really need- advice...

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 3:12pm PST 
At the dog park there is this lady who has a really handsome 8 month old pitt bull type dog. She said she got it in a pet shop and they said it was a cross between an Amstaff and an Italian greyhound. Do you think that is likely? Who would think of such a strange mix, and wouldn't they have a difficult time breeding for physical / temperamental reasons? (very different both pysically and temperament wise, so it could cause issues / difficulties).

I am not into bying pets from the pet shop because it is highly likely to be supplied by puppy mills, and also, for that exact reason, what pet shop would think of mixing the 2 breeds?
[notify]
Peanut

Will work for- food

Barked: Tue Aug 12, '08 10:13pm PST 
How big is the dog?
[notify]
Pita

I really need- advice...

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '08 4:01pm PST 
He is about 40 pounds. 8 months old. by the way Peanut is very beautiful.

Edited by author Mon Aug 18, '08 4:03pm PST

[notify]

Shiva

Never give in,- never give up

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '08 3:25pm PST 
Some pet shops have shelter and rescue groups that hold adoption days. Maybe that's how she got her dog. Depending on if the Pit Bull was the father or mother would determine any health risk. Not all Pit Bulls are these huge things portrayed in movies. If the mother was of the Pit Bull type, she should have no problem with the pregnancy.

I've rescued Pit Bulls mixed with anything from a Lab, Shepherd and various herding breeds. I'd love to see a pic of this dog.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 7:04pm PST 
I have adopted a amstaff/greyhound mix. She is 7 months old. She is sooo sweet and loving!
But I am having issues with food. She will have good solid poops one day and then the next they are loose or just all liquid. (Sorry)
I just don't know what to do or try.
I've tried grain free- sensitive stomach- wet food.
Any input??
[notify]

Barked: Mon Sep 23, '13 3:55pm PST 
Hi,there! I adopted a mix between amstaff and anyother breed but they don't know what? I think it's some kind of hound.Can you please help me to figour out.Can you please post a picture of this amstaff/hound so I can cpmpare with my dog? I will appreciate.Thank you.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Sep 23, '13 3:55pm PST 
Hi,there! I adopted a mix between amstaff and anyother breed but they don't know what? I think it's some kind of hound.Can you please help me to figour out.Can you please post a picture of this amstaff/hound so I can cpmpare with my dog? I will appreciate.Thank you.
[notify]