GO!

Is this breed right for me?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lassie

Young at Heart

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 1:49pm PST 
Hello American Eskimo Dog owners....our family is trying to decide right now about getting this kind of dog. Everything I have read about them seems great but I talked to a few people and they have said no way steer clear...these dogs bark a lot and are highly aggressive to strangers which seems opposite of what I have read. Since you guys know them best having them and all can you let me know whats the deal. Are they good all around dogs or what?
[notify]
Poppy

Little- Firecracker

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '08 2:27pm PST 
Have you had any interaction with an Eskie? We're part of the spitz family, so we can be a bit more stubborn or bull-headed like a Husky, but we're also lovey pups. Look up Eskies here on Dogster and start there to learn about my breed. Personally, I greet every person with a lot of happiness and love. I do give a few barks if someone comes to my front door or there's a stranger in my house, but I don't carry on once my family has told me it's okay.

Good luck!

Wags & Woofs,
Poppy -- 5 month-old Eskie happy dance

**EDIT**
I just looked at your profile page and see you have an Eskie family member that joined in Sept, so you must have made your decision! smile Congrats!

Edited by author Wed Oct 29, '08 2:39pm PST

[notify]