GO!

Rolling over and peeing???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bella

Little Angel

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '08 7:06pm PST 
Bella is almost five months old and is completely potty trained, but sometimes when she gets really excited or nervous, she rolls on her back and pees!!! Its the strangest thing to me! Its really annoying when I walk into the room and reach down to pet her and she is peeing on me! Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to help her control this?
[notify]
Wrecks Tracy

Barked: Mon Sep 22, '08 9:08am PST 
Wrecks is now eleven months-old. I got him at eight months from Craigslist. His first two weeks with us he did the same thing. I did quite a bit of research and tried three things that worked:

1. When I come home from work, I ignore both dogs for a good five - ten minutes. It's tough because I want to scoop them up and give hugs and kisses ... but it has stopped the pee from flying in the air.
2. I read that submissive peeing stops as the dog builds confidence in himself. So, every day we play fetch for a good 45 minutes, do obedience training, and have a little one-on-one time.
3. I take him out right when I get home, or up in the morning.

The rolling over and peeing has stopped. Thank God!!
[notify]
Niko ( on the left)

Dumb dog

Barked: Sun Oct 5, '08 1:38pm PST 
Niko does the subbmissive peeing thing too.. that is why we have nicknamed him pee pee boy..lol.. once he was let in and after a "cool down " period he was being petted and he rolled over and let it rip right in my boyfriends face. I still have no clue how to stop this behavior. I have tried the ignoring him when he comes in or we come home that is what we call the "cool down" we have tried making sure he is let out often and he will still pee right when he comes back in. It is always when he is excited. He has peed on guests when they come over and it happens about 6 or seven times a day. Can be very frustrating. I had a dog previously that did this also and when i had him i was told there is no solving this problem. Is this true?????
[notify]