GO!

Eskies and a Shiba Inu - anyone?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dolly

My owner adores- me and I exploit- this!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 1:08pm PST 
I have a 4+ yr old Pesky Eskie and she's my baby..smile I'm considering getting a Shiba to keep her company. Just wondering by any chance if anyone here has that combination and how well, or not, it works out!

Thanks!!! (Dolly is a mini, spayed and right at 20 lbs)
[notify]
Leia Cole

Princess Leia

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '08 8:46am PST 
I would get another eskie. I have an eskie who tends to get along more and hang out more with other eskies vs other breeds. i am not too familiar with the shiba inu breed but i have heard from a owner that they are kind of weird..this shiba in particular did odd things like followed shadows and stared at spots on the walls for hours. things like that. I just know that Eskies absolutly love other Eskies which is why i always bring my Eskie to see her mom and her sister and to make many eksie friends
[notify]
Blizzard

Furry Gal

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '08 10:14pm PST 
Shibu Inu's are a Spitz breed same as Eskies but they are Japanese in origin. I've heard Shibus can be somewhat cat like -- very smart but a bit cold.
[notify]

Snowie

Pet me! :3

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '08 3:33pm PST 
Hm, I don't think I've ever really met a shiba so I don't know what to tell you. Snowie gets along with everyone!! She always got along very well with Sassy(in my family) though.
[notify]
Bellah- Burkholder

I go where you- go. Always.

Barked: Sat Sep 26, '09 8:39pm PST 
I know this is an old post but Ive known a few Shiba Inus and think they are great! Ive known four of them and the owners of three of them had such great things to say and said they are super smart, very sweet, and very playful. I groomed all them and they did really well. Only one ( a four month old) was quite a handful but was getting ready to start his puppy training commands and was such a fun-loving dog...just needed some guidance but had a great owner who was working with him. He wasnt totally out of control or anything just a little more rambuctious (sp?)
[notify]
Vanillo

Vanillo. MY- Nillo. MahNillo

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 11:15am PST 
If its not to late. smile I have an Eskie. Whom has had many brothers n sisters. The kind that seems to work the best is Brittany/J.Russell Mix
[notify]