GO!

Coat Length

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Serena van- der Woofsen

I'm right behind- ya!

Barked: Mon Oct 6, '08 8:44am PST 
I just took Serena to the vet and he said her coat won't grow out long like the show dogs. He said her coat was more like a field dog. What does this mean? Is there a difference?

Personally I don't care if she has a show coat as I can imagine it requires a lot more maintenance. I just wanted to get an idea of what her coat would look like once it grows out.
[notify]
Hershey

When you're- chocolate, life- is sweet!

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '08 7:13pm PST 
I've never seen a cocker with a smooth coat like Serena's. Are you sure she's a purebred? She is beautiful, and definitely has a cocker spaniel head, but the body is unlike the breed. Your vet is right: form the photos, it looks like her coat won't grow to the full cocker length. You're right, too: the long thick coat is a lot of work!
[notify]