GO!

Good Apartment Dog?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 7:40pm PST 
I'm looking for a medium sized apartment dog. I'm asking you Cocker owners out there if a Cocker would be a good choice? I really don't have much time to exercise the dog (only 20-30 minutes a day) and I'm wondering if that would that be enough for a Cocker? Are there any other considerations I should take before getting this breed? I'm really interested in this breed and I thank you guys in advanced for the help smile . I'm also interested in Cockapoos if anyone here has any info (there are a few at a local shelter near where I live).
[notify]
Serena van- der Woofsen

I'm right behind- ya!

Barked: Mon Oct 6, '08 8:40am PST 
I haven't had my Cocker for very long but I find that she's pretty good as an indoor dog. According to the breed info on dogster, they say Cockers are good for apartment life.

http://www.dogster.com/breeds/cocker_spaniel
[notify]
Hershey

When you're- chocolate, life- is sweet!

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '08 7:26pm PST 
Hi, I'm Hershey and I've been living in an apartment my whole life (I'll be 3 next week!). It's plenty of room for me, as long as I get to go for a walk a couple of times a day. If I don't get out and walk, I can get a little tubby.

What I really like most is just to be with my humans, which most of the time at our house means curled up on the couch or by a chair. I love to cuddle! Wherever they go, I go. I don't like to be left alone all day.
[notify]

Chloe Jane

Care Bear in- Disguise

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '09 8:53pm PST 
My mommy raised me in an apartment. I loved it when we would cuddle on the couch after a long day of work... She would walk me daily so I never got chubby..cool or what??

I live in a house with my momma now so a huge back yard is different for me but the thing I love to do best is still cuddle with mommy on the couch...
[notify]