GO!

What's a good weight for Bubba?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bubba

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 9:36am PST 
Bubba is pressing towards 10 weeks old, 2 days ago we took him to get a wellness checkup and he weighed in at 20.4lbs. Is this considered a healthy weight for his age? Average or above average?

Edited by author Sat May 11, '13 9:37am PST

[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 6:11pm PST 
From what I understand you can judge a dogs healthy weight somewhat by looking at their profile from above, if you see ribs too thin obviously, if they don't have a waist and they're round, overweight...of course with a puppy they are going to be more rolly polly than at mature size.

As they mature the bully breeds have the distinctive shape of big head and shoulders that taper into a slim waist and wittle bitty frog butt.

As for 20lbs he's a bit above average. Then again boys tend to be heavier anyways. Sounds like a healthy pup!little angel
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 4:59am PST 
As far as his weight don't be alarmed....My boy was 15 pounds 12 weeks and was one of the runts from the litter. He's now 6 months and almost 100 pounds and he still looks too skinny...
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 5:01am PST 
As far as his weight don't be alarmed....My boy was 15 pounds 12 weeks and was one of the runts from the litter. He's now 6 months and almost 100 pounds and he still looks too skinny...
[notify]