GO!

HELP !AMERICAN BULL DOG PUPPY.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 10:27pm PST 
I am thinking about getting an American bull dog. However I am not entirely sure it’s the right breed for my current situation. And the information I have received about the breed has been mixed at best.
I live in a small house about 64 m2 in a simplex. I do have a very small garden that is separated by a 1200 mm high fence to my neighbours. I leave early to work and only get home around 6 in the evening, Otherwise there is no-one home between when I leave to work and when I get home.
I am very active person on weekends and do not mind taking the dog for walks every evening after work. I like the American bull dog because it’s a good guard dog, and its strong and muscular appearances. Also it has a loyal nature.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Kind regards
Shawn
[notify]
Taricha

tugtugtugtugtug

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 6:54pm PST 
the American bulldog is a strong breed yes, good gaurd dog, but this means they require someone who knows how to be a good leader. While they can be very mellow around the house... they still need lots of daily exercise and sometimes a walk isnt enough (Theyre smart dogs!). Do a lot of reading on dog ownership in general... its similar to bringing a new child into the home! The rewards are worth it though, great breed.
[notify]