GO!

100 Abused Sled Dogs Rescued in COLORADO.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Khuno

Chain free is- the way to be!

Barked: Sat Dec 19, '09 11:25am PST 
I am still working on getting all of the donation links, shelter information and photographs in order. So please keep checking back and spread the word:

http://lakotasong.com/blog/?p=321

After last month's rescue of 97 abused sled dogs in Canada, this should be a huge eye-opener for anyone who doesn't realize what kind of abuse and neglect runs rampant in sled dog sports!
[notify]
Frank

My dog is- spoiled, as he- should be!

Barked: Fri Feb 5, '10 10:22am PST 
This just makes me want to kick someone in the rear!
I always want to say that 'I hope justice will be served' and all that, but really, how can it?
They should not have had that many dogs, why did they have that many dogs? Why were they allowed to keep them when they were cited before and why weren't they visited again earlier than this?
I really don't like the sledding thing.
And I REALLY HATE THIS!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Feb 10, '10 11:15am PST 
My husband and I rescued one of these huskys as a companion for our Malakita ( Malamute Akita mix ) they get on beautifully, but remember these are not dogs for eveyone. With patience and love I know he will turn out to be a wonderful addition to our home.
[notify]