GO!

Need help with almost 9 weeks akita

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Lobo

"Stubborn" dogs- don't need- corrections

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 4:48pm PST 
I am also very curious~ (:
[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 5:25am PST 
Hi,everyone.Kaida ir very well.She's growing very fast.Now we chande the food to 'Taste of the wild' now we are mixing the food with the old one and she really enjoy it.Now she's bitting a lot and is really painful.I think it's normal but maybe you some good things how we can stop her bite.My friend told me that i can mix some cooked vegetables in her food it's good idea or she will be fine with the dry food?Thanks for all your help hope you are all well,because the weather start be really cold.Now we are waiting the second injection and will be going to the park cheer
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 6:37am PST 
Glad to hear she is doing well. The biting is very normal. There are several things you can try to help. First,when she starts biting,end playtime and turn away from her giving her no attention until she calms down,secondly you can redirect her,give her something it is okay for her to chew instead of your hands or other body parts,third if both of those fail,take her to her crate or place where she can't get to you until she is calm. Some good things for her to chew would be safe toys like ropes orrawhides,although if you choose to use rawhides always supervise so she doesn't hurt herself or swallow large pieces. I also used pieces of sturdy cloth with knots tied in them soaked in broth and frozen to relieve teething pain and the urge to chew,they can be resoaked and refrozen to have a supply on hand. When one thawas you put it back in the broth for a few minutes to refresh the flavor,then put them back in the freezer for later.Always use low -fat,low sodium broth from things like chicken,turkey,beef or other meat,mine still like them on hot summer days. It is perfectly fine to offer vegetables as a treat like carrots or green beans.Please do not mix them with the dry food.
Good Luck and we all will be happy to answer your questions if we can. Perhaps the others will have some more ideas of safe things to chew instead of you and your family.hug
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2